Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

As an alternative to the Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship Program, the Canadian Government is offering Super Visa, which allows your parents and grandparents to stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time.

Super Visa is a multi-entry Temporary Resident Visa that provides multiple entries for a period of up to 10 years.

To be eligible for a Super Visa, a candidate must:

  • Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
  • Have a signed Invitation Letter from child or grandchild in Canada, that letter should include:
    • A promise of financial support for the length of your visit.
    • The list and number of people in the household of this person.
    • A copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document.
  • Have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company with at least $100,000 CAD coverage that valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry.

How does the parent and grandparent super visa differ from a multiple entry visa?

The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.

Super Visa allows your parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for up to 2 years. However, if they want to extend their stay in Canada, they need to apply for a visitor record.

A visitor record:

  • Is a document that gives a visitor status in Canada and allows to stay longer.
  • Includes a new expiry date (that’s the new date that your parents or grandparents must leave Canada by).

Application for a visitor record should be submitted before the current status expired.

Despite the fact that a refusal rate for Super Visa is lower than for a Visitor (tourist) Visa, the chance of a negative decision still exists. Thus, it is crucial to prepare and submit an application that meets all IRCC’s requirements and regulations.

Our team will be happy to guide you through the entire Super Visa application process and bring your parents/grandparents to Canada. Fill out the assessment form or contact our team to receive professional assistance in all matters related to immigration to Canada.

Our experts are always in touch - contact us!