Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a federal immigration program under the Express Entry system. CEC opens doors for international students and temporary foreign professionals to obtain permanent resident status in Canada. For many international graduates, CEC is the fastest way to get PR in Canada.

To be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class immigration stream, a candidate must:

  • Have at least 12 months of qualified work experience* in Canada, in the last 3 years before submission in one or more NOC 0, A, or B jobs.
  • Meet the required language level of CLB 7 (IELTS 6.0 for each language ability) for NOC 0 or A occupations or CLB 5 (IELTS 4.0 in reading and 5.0 in three other language abilities) for NOC B occupations.
  • Plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

* Work experience in Canada as self-employed or without proper authorization (valid work permit) does not count towards the requirements of this program.

If you apply under the Canadian Experience Class and your work permit is expired, you might be eligible for a Bridging Open Work Permit.

Who can apply for a BOWP

To be eligible, you must:

  • Live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • Either
    • have a valid work permit
    • have an expired work permit but maintained your status as a worker
    • be eligible to restore your status and get a work permit
  • Be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • Have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • Have your acknowledgement of receipt letter

Contact us to obtain an evaluation of your immigration case.

To find out, if you are eligible to apply for CEC under Express Entry or a Bridging Work Permit, simply follow these steps:

Step 2
Our team will contact you to book a free consultation
Step 3
Sign an agreement and start your immigration journey

Our immigration services include different options: Full Authorised Representation (follow the steps above); Review and Consultation package; just Set up a profile package; or Online consultation with Canadian immigration consultant.

Our immigration experts will help you to find the fastest way to obtain your PR status in Canada. Contact us today to see how we can help.